Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Oatmeal Skin Scrub....

Bism Illah.

A dear friend made some orange, almond, and oatmeal skin scrub while house sitting for us one summer, maashaa Allah. The recipe is below.

Orange peels, Almonds & Oatmeal scrub

A fresh smelling and skin rejuvenating scrub
What do you need:
  • 1 cup dried Orange peels
  • 1 cup Oatmeal
  • 2 tablespoon finely ground Almonds
  • 1 teaspoon sweet Orange essential oil

How to do it:
Put all the ingredients in a food processor and mix them well Take some of this mix in your hand and add some warm water to make a paste
Rub it onto your clean skin and gently massage to exfoliate in circular motions. Then wash it off with alternately cold and warm water and end with a splash of cold; pat your skin dry with a clean towel. 

[http://www.natural-homeremedies-for-life.com/oatmeal-scrub.html]

That scrub is very soothing and moisturizing for the skin, but I found a few other uses for it.

As it is simply ground orange peel, oatmeal, and almonds - all perfectly good food - I threw some into muffins one morning. When asked what kind of muffins they were, I said, "Face scrub muffins." That really turned heads, LOL.A few months later I was on a soda bread making binge and thought to myself, "Oooh, an orange, almond, and oat soda bread might be lovely with a bit of butter and cream!" So out came the face scrub again...and as the children were tasting the fragrant, warm soda bread they asked, "What did you put in this soda bread, Mummy?" to which I answered, "Face scrub!"


Well, it just so happens that their father was not present on these occasions. However, this morning when I had the idea to make some orange spice oatmeal for breakfast, hubby ventured to try some and looked rather discomfited when I told him that I used face scrub to flavor it.

That's the beauty of natural living; you can eat your beauty products! That's why I didn't panic when my then 9 month old baby bit into the honey and orange lotion bars I recently made...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a blog about striving for natural living in harmony with the earth. No advertisers please and, if you have something you wish to give a different opinion about, please do it respectfully with the best of manners. That reaps the greatest reward and the best response.