Marriage is a huge part of their future, so it is important to discuss the subject openly. As we have girls, these questions were presented and then the answers given to their father, who sat down and had a private one-on-one talk about the subject. He went through the questions one by one, discussing, expanding, correcting if the mindset was wrong, and providing guidance and advice. Why the father? Because he is the one who will have to seek out a suitable husband.This can easily be used for males as well. After the initial discussion, it can be used as a springboard to teach and drive home certain points or aspects that need to be considered and understood.
- When does she/he want to get married?
- What does she/he need to do in order to get married?
- What Islamic knowledge must she/he have in order to get married?
- Why should someone want to marry her/him? What does she/he have to offer?
- When should she/he start preparing for marriage?
- What are her/his husband's/wife's rights?
- What are her/his rights?
- How will she/he prepare for marriage?