Tuesday, March 26, 2013
PDC Homework 1.3 Farm Relationships
A - Composting toilet provides fertilizer for orchard trees and plants
- Trees provide food, apothecary, and oxygen for animals and humans
- Trees provide leaf mulch for composting toilet
B - Orchard trees and plants provide food, apothecary, and oxygen for animals and humans
- Horses fertilize ground and provide transportation of food to root cellar and family house
- Humans harvest the produce from the orchard and load on cart for animals to take to root cellar/house.
C - Beehive – bees get pollen from the orchard.- Orchard is pollinated by the bees.
D - Family house uses the honey
- Horse and cart transport to house fertilizing ground as they go.
E - Border trees and vegetation provide oxygen, grazing and shade for animals (goats, sheep, cows, horses)
- Border trees function as wind and sound barrier
- Animals fertilize border trees and vegetation
F Grain is transported in horse and cart to the family house
G - Horse and cart transport harvests from orchard to root cellar and family house
- Horses fertilize ground as they transport and graze while cart is loaded.
H Border trees provide oxygen and firewood if needed for the family home and food/apothecary
I - Horse and cart take grains to chickens
- Horses are exercised and fertilize the ground as they transport.
J - Vegetable and fruit scraps from the family house are fed to the chickens
- Chickens provide eggs and meat to the family house
K- Playground provides recreation for the family and exercise
- Family is regenerated and works better in house and on farm
L- Manure from chickens used to fertilize garden area
- Some of the garden produce goes to feed the chickens
M - People from family house tend the garden- Produce from garden goes to family house
N - People from family house get fish from pond
- Fishing from the pond reduced overpopulation and associated problems
O - Trees provide oxygen, shade, and food/apothecary for people and animals
- Trees reduce the evaporation rate of the pond
- Trees create a micro-climate for specific plants and wildlife
P - People from family house exercise the horses
- Horses provide recreation, exercise, and transportation for the people.
Q - People from family house work in the garden
- Garden provides food for the people.
R The well provides water for the people in the house, and they maintain and pump water from well
S Well provides irrigation for the grain crops and gardens
T - Well provides water for the animals
- Horses transport water to other gardens and orchard as required.
U - Livestock graze and fertilize field and provide manure for adjacent grain crops- Grain crops provide feed for the animals
V Horse and cart transport grain to barn to store for animals
W - Trees provide oxygen, shade, and food for the animals- Animals provide fertilizer for trees